Woody Mc Bride aka Dj ESP
Communiqué Records, Bush Rec., Ovum Rec., Skint Rec. – USA
American elektro-shaman, Woody McBride aka DJ ESP, rocks the world with his unique style of tribal techno, acid house, breakbeats, elektro, ambidelics, hardtek and authentic minimal techno.
• ESP co-headlines the Detroit Electronic Music Festival opening for Plastikman live.
• He will release a new mix-album of orginal tracks on BUSH Records.
• The fabled BASKETBALL HEROES 3 will be releases under joint release between BUSH and Communiqué Records last quarter of 2010 in conjunction with... [read more]
a remix package of BASKETBALL HEROES 1 & 2.
• His live PA and DJ performance at the legendary Mayday Festival Germany, Nature One, Underground Sound, Rex Club and countless other events were spectacular.
• His foundational American Techno Record Label Communiqué Records is a featured label on Beatport.com
• He is booked weekly around the planet and produced pioneering and futuristic dance mix shows for DI.FM, Paris One and America’s premier alt-public radio station – 89.3 FM The Current FM.
• His releases on Dave Clarke’s label WHITE NOISE, Josh Wink’s label OVUM, Fatboy Slim’s label SKINT, Eric Powell’s label BUSH and many others have yielded the world 100’s of amazing songs and memories.
Raised in the rugged and interesting North Dakota, ESP has rung up over 4 million frequent flyer miles, released nearly 200 records and CDs and inspired many people to love music, get back to nature and “be alive”.
He is known to be a man of all hats in the electronic music business – musician, dj, live performer, event promoter, live audio engineer and large sound system visionary, graphic artist, music journalist, label owner, artist coach, soundtrack producer, educator, spiritual guide, sobriety and wellness advocate and ambassador for electronic music to all audiences.
Since 1990, his signature deeper than deep 909 kick drum, a base chakra synth funk and a thick mysterious 303 acid sound is what has put ESP in a hard-to-label league of legendary and pioneering producers. His art now shines the brightest today.
His peers and label mates are Richie Hawtin, Dave Clarke, Diego Ro-k, St. Vitas, Iffy, Josh Wink, John Acquaviva, Thomas P. Heckman, DJ Hell, Barada, Eric Powell, Dave The Drummer, Jeff Mills, The Advent, Laurent Garnier, Frankie Bones, Terry Mullan, DJ Hyperactive, St. Vitas, Dave Wesley, Paul Birken, D’jedi, Dean Rodell, Man at Arms, Tommy Sunshine, Joyride, Jethro X and many others…
He has performed at the world’s best festivals and clubs to include Rexclub, Tresor, Retroacid, Fuse, Terriakianarkisaki, Nordic Impact, Mayday, Electromind, Namasté, Nature One, Further, Government Toronto, Orbit UK, Ministry of Sound UK, Liquid Room, Buzz DC, Ultraschaal, Acid Wars and other large and underground gatherings.
He has successfully operated 10 labels and worked with many of the world’s great record companies. Woody has recorded many cinematic and commercial soundtracks, children’s programs, meditation audio, addiction prevention music and was honored to score a campaign song for Independent Presidential Candidate Ralph Nader.